Face Mask & Chill
We know spas are a no-go while practicing social distancing, but that doesn’t mean you can’t DIY your way to your personal spa haven. Not only are facials *excellent* for skin upkeep, but they can also be quite therapeutic. Sure, another person’s touch might be great, but with the right ambiance (candles, anyone?) and ability to wear whatever you want in the comfort of your own home, at-home facials just might convert you. Choose your favorite skin treatments, like Bevara Skin’s CBD-Infused Clay Mask, or create your own face mask using ingredients you’ll likely have laying around in your pantry and kitchen!
Breathe In, Breathe Out
For many of us, anxiety is at an all-time high. This month, consider setting aside time each day to practice taking deep breaths. According to a report from Vogue, “Harnessing your breath quells anxiety, regulates the nervous system, and balances the oxygen, CO2, and pH levels in our blood.” While there are a few ways to practice controlled breathing, start with deep breathing exercises. According to FirstPost, “Pull back your shoulders a bit to expand your chest as you inhale deeply through your nose. Hold for 4-5 seconds and then breathe out through your nose deeply.”
Sun’s Out, SPF On
Right now, it’s easier for us to fall out of our normal routines (skincare, included!). We’re here to remind you that it’s still important to use sunscreen, even if you’re indoors, especially if you’ll be hangin’ out by a window. An Allure report says, “Standard glass windows block UVB but not UVA rays, which can penetrate deeper into the skin than UVB [rays], [and] are the main contributing factor to photo-aging –– which are changes seen as dark spots, wrinkles, and leathery textured skin.” So, make sure you don’t forget to slather on the sunscreen every morning –– 30 SPF or higher!
In light of the coronavirus situation, we’re changing things up a little bit! This month, we’re sharing a few ways to practice self-care and we’d love to hear from our community. What are YOU doing to take care of yourself and uplift your spirits throughout these unprecedented times?
- If you feel safe enough, go outside and walk around at least once a day. Just don’t forget the SPF!
- Take a stab at that hobby you’ve been wanting to champion for years now. It’s a great time to start learning a new language or learning a new craft!
- If you’re self-isolating with a partner, have a date night in. Movies? In-door or backyard camping? Board games galore? You name it!
- Write emails to friends and family you haven’t seen in a while.
- Schedule group Google Hangouts with your besties. It’s time for some quality face time –– pun intended!
- Consider fostering animals from a local rescue. Puppy cuddles work wonders for the soul, right?!
- Start a new workout regimen or program.
- Channel your inner Marie Kondo and do some serious at-home spring cleaning and organization.
- Learn a new recipe!
- Get a headstart on your summer reading list!
Have an ingredient, skin or self-care tip you’d like us to investigate? Want to share your experience with the Bevara Skin team? Send us a note via our collaboration page, or email@example.com, or show us some love on Instagram.